Path to Partnership – A practical guide to essential skills for managers and partners
32 CPD Hours
AUD $1200+GST Per learner
THIS COURSE WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM MONDAY 9TH AUGUST 2021.
EARLYBIRD REGISTRATIONS AVAILABLE NOW.
Two types of leaders are evolving in public practice, the first with the experience and ability to drive compliance work efficiently and the second with the desire and interest to transition to a stronger advisory role with clients. Both roles are extremely important in progressive accounting firms.
Managers aspiring to take on partnership roles must be willing to work on all aspects of their role to add value to their clients, their team and their firm. What are your strengths? What areas of professional development do you need to focus on now to achieve your goals and targets? Do you have a path to partnership in your firm?
What’s this course all about?
This self-paced eLearning course outlines in a practical way the key leadership and management skills that managers and partners need to develop in order to achieve and exceed their performance goals.
This course begins by asking key questions about the learner’s current strengths in relation to workflow, team, clients and business growth. Your performance map will then provide a guide to the areas you need to focus on to achieve your potential as a manager or partner. Along the way, you will use your personal SMART action plan to map your development path.
The course consists of 4 stand-alone parts focusing on workflow, clients, team and growth. You can register for the course or each part individually.
Who’s it for?
This course is suitable for managers and junior partners keen to develop their leadership and management skills in relation to business growth, client relationships, workflow and team management.
How does it work?
The course consists of 16 modules and is worth 32 CPD hours. Generally, it will take learners between 4-6 months to complete. All learners have access to course content for 12 months from the date of enrolment.
Each module includes an online presentation and support materials. All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks.
Part 1 – Workflow Manager
1. Seven keys to improve your personal and team workflow management processes
2. Task and project management skills for leaders in public practice
3. How to maximise recoverability through project and WIP management
4. How to effectively utilise the hours in your busy day to achieve results
Part 2 – Team Leader
1. How to develop your personal leadership style and approach
2. Nine key steps to effective team coaching in professional firms
3. How to create capacity through effective leverage and delegation
4. Key steps to manage your team members through training, coaching and review
Part 3 – Business Developer
1. Client discovery and effective needs analysis techniques
2. Effective internal and external referral strategies for growth
3. Keys to getting existing clients across the line with new services
4. How to establish your personal business development plan
Part 4 – Trusted Advisor
1. Management of client scope and fee for service
2. Communication strategies to engage with clients
3. How to manage challenging clients and difficult situations
4. How to ensure you’re remaining relevant to your clients
Your can register for the entire course or individual parts.
If you prefer to register for individual parts, email email@example.com for further details.
Our self-paced eLearning courses follow a 4-step process in relation to learning objectives:
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks. A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.