The Proactive Manager – From Compliance to Advice
32 CPD Hours
AUD $960+GST Per learner
As accounting firms move from a dominant focus on compliance in the work they do with clients to a focus on both compliance and advisory skills, the role of manager has never been more critical. Two types of managers are evolving in public practice, the first with the experience and ability to managing compliance work efficiently and the second with the desire and interest to transition to a stronger advisory focus.
In this course, we’ll help your managers to identify their core strengths and professional development pathway. We’ll outline the essential steps that effective compliance and advisory managers need to take now and in the future to achieve strong results for your firm.
This course is essential for both compliance and advisory managers looking to get to the next level with their capabilities and experience.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for managers and partners wishing to specialise in a compliance or advisory role within an accounting firm.
If you’re interested this course, you may also be interested in The Proactive Accountant course, designed for any accountant in public practice who wants to develop their personal leadership, communication and organisational skills. Learners range from new graduates to accountants who have recently completed their CA or CPA qualifications.
Your Future as a Manager in Public Practice
1. The 4Q approach to management – workflow, team, clients and growth
2. Uncover your strengths and motivated abilities as manager
The Compliance Manager in Public Practice
3. Effective use of capacity to leverage compliance workflow
4. Key steps to improve compliance productivity and turnaround time
The Advisory Manager in Public Practice
5. The role and responsibilities of advisory manager
6. Keys to transition from compliance to advice as a manager
Client Management for Proactive Managers
7. How to set and manage client service excellence standards
8. Management of scope of work and fee for service
Team Management for Proactive Managers
9. Evolution from doer to manager and leader of people
10. Keys to drive behavioural change in your team
Workflow Management for Proactive Managers
11. Workflow management essentials for proactive managers
12. Key principles of effective project management for advisors
Growth and Business Development for Proactive Managers
13. Client discovery and needs analysis techniques for advisors
14. Getting clients across the line with advisory services
Measurement and Reporting for Compliance and Advisory Managers
15. Essential KPIS for compliance and advisory managers
16. Develop your own measurement and reporting process
Our self-paced eLearning courses follow a 4-step process in relation to learning objectives:
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks. A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.
This course really made me think outside the square and challenged my thinking in a variety of ways. I have learned so much and have thoroughly enjoyed every part of it.
I feel the course raises some key points and self reflection for accountants waiting to take the leap to the advisory role. Good course and definitely recommended!
Loved this course. It gave me a great understanding of weaknesses that I have and will allow me to improve in those areas