One of the most important parts of any professional service business is understanding who your client is.
Knowing clients is crucial to improving client experience. Client profiling is the process of segmenting clients into different clusters on the basis of common traits and characteristics to understand them better.
Client profiling enables businesses to target and engage with their clients by determining a clear set of communication strategies for specific client segments.
The result is enhanced client experience, optimized retention and loyalty, and a more efficient strategy for growth.
What’s this course all about?
This self-paced eLearning course provides a step-by-step guide to the development of a 4-quadrant framework for client profiling in your firm.
You will learn how to set different strategies for each client quadrant, particularly in relation to increasing profitability and growth with client services.
This course will show you how to use this framework with your team to assist with goal setting, communication, alignment of priorities and resource allocation.
In completing the course, you will develop a practical SMART action plan for implementation.
- 7 hours of highly engaging videos packed full of animation and graphics.
- A Client Profiling Tool so you can develop your own 4 Quadrants
- Over 20 cheat sheets, templates and implementation guides so you can implement your learnings immediately.
Each module includes clear learning objectives, recorded presentations, support materials and assessment tasks.
Most importantly, learners will put together their own project implementation plan using our SMART action planning template
Who’s it for?
- Accounting practice owners and partners who want to master client strategy and business development to grow their practice
- Director and managers who want to develop a strong understanding of client practice management and are starting to do business development.
- Anyone wanting to learn how to develop client strategy within the professional services industry.
The content is relevant and scalable from sole practitioners to small-medium-enterprise accountants to Big4 professionals.
About the course facilitator
Joyce Ong is tax specialist with Big4, mid-tier and ATO experience and founder of Tax Nuggets Academy. She left a lucrative career in the profession to change the way we approach training. She created this course to share her 15 years of experience working with clients and business development.
- Joyce was at KPMG middle market advisory for almost 10 years before joining the ATO as the National Tax Governance Lead for Private Wealth’s Top 500 Program for 12 months in 2021.
- Joyce was chosen as one of 20 Future Leaders by Acuity, the official CAANZ magazine (Dec 2020 – Jan 2021 issue).
- Joyce has appeared in various podcasts and webinars of industry leaders such as Karbon and Accountants Daily for her work in disrupting traditional training.
This course consists of 8 modules:
1. Introduction – The 4 Quadrants
- How to make the most of this eLearning course
- Why do you need a framework for client strategy?
- Why focus on existing clients as a priority?
- Get the balance right between clients and prospects
2. The Framework in a Nutshell
- Profitability v Growth strategies
- Who should be in your First-Class quadrant?
- Who should be in Business Class?
- Who should be in Economy?
3. Quadrant 1 – First Class
- The client satisfaction interview
- Client communication action plans
- Out of scope: How to respond to fee complaints
- Out of scope billing success
4. Quadrant 2 – Business Class
- How to maximise your pricing
- Other profitability strategies
- Create a system for delegation
- How to increase client retention
5. Quadrant 3 – Premium Economy
- Get a coach
- The Ultimate BD Hack: The Business Health Check
- The Ultimate BD Hack: How to implement it
- Pricing to generate trust
6. Quadrant 4 – Jetstar
- Take it or leave it! How to raise your prices dramatically
- Standard tiered pricing
- How to stop clients ringing for free tax advice
- Standardising your advisory package
7. Use the Framework with your team
- How to utilise the framework with your team
- Developing your SMART action plan
- What are your next steps?
- Course summary and final comments
8. Bonus Tax Planning Resources
- What is an effective tax rate?
- How to calculate the ETR
- Advantages of ETR template
- Developing the template further
- Learners can complete courses at a place that suits them, within and outside work hours
- Each learner will have a dedicated login to give them personal access to their course
- Module material includes online presentations, workbooks, PowerPoint Slides, templates, scripts and articles
- All modules also incorporate formal qualitative assessment tasks that encourage learners to develop practical actions demonstrating understanding of the concepts
- All assessment tasks are scored, with directed feedback to learners on their response
- As the learner progresses, they develop their personal SMART action list to drive change
- Managers are able to see at a glance how their staff are progressing
- All learners have access to course content for 12 months following their enrolment
Our self-paced eLearning courses follow a 4-step process in relation to learning objectives:
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks. A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.
Client Growth Strategies for Managers and Partners – The Ultimate 4-Quadrant Framework
Number of learnersPlease note:
After purchasing this course, you will receive a welcome email including an induction guide.
This guide provides instructions on how to enrol and commence the course.
If you are registering on behalf of others, you will receive an email with instructions on how to register each learner/s.
Once registered, each learner will receive an induction guide to their own email address.
Tax calculated at checkout.
Have a Question?
Do you have a question about our courses or the way our eLearning platform works?
Get in touch and we'll get back to you shortly.