The Director ID is here!
If you are an ASIC Agent or Tax Agent and you are wondering what the Director ID will mean for you or your practice, this course provides a great outline of the requirements, what it means for agents and how you can effectively communicate the new arrangements to directors and clients during the transition period.
The course runs for approximately 90 minutes and is worth 2 CPD Hours.
This course content is also contained within The Responsible ASIC Registered Agent eLearning Course. All learners registered in the ASIC Registered Agent eLearning Course will have access to ALL the information presented in this course for no additional charge.
CLICK HERE for further information on the Responsible ASIC Registered Agent eLearning Course.
This course is intended for Registered ASIC Agents and ASIC Administrators in Accounting Firms.
Key matters addressed in this course include:
1. Who needs to apply
2. When do directors need to apply (existing, new & intending directors)
3. How to apply – 3 ways to verify directors identity & apply
4. Applying online – setting up and linking myGovID to ATO record and additional details
5. Paper application for Australian directors and for foreign directors
6. What ASIC registered agents can do to prepare and assist their directors
7. Introduction to the ABRS
8. Linking of companies to the director ID number
Viola Pythas, the course presenter, is the Principal of CorpSec Services and has extensive experience both as an ASIC Registered Agent and Company Secretary. Viola was involved in the ATO’s private beta testing of the Director ID Number and has already applied for her own Director ID.
Viola has a high level of understanding of this topic. She was involved in the ATO’s private beta testing of the Director ID Number and has already applied for her own Director ID. She has followed the progress of the Modernising Business Registers (MBR) Program and participated in numerous consultations with the ATO both on the Director ID and the initial design concepts for the new companies registry as part of the Australian Business Registry Services (ABRS).
Viola was the first to develop and offer detailed ASIC registered agent training through the popular The Responsible ASIC Registered Agent course, a training course also offered as a self-paced eLearning course. As a practicing registered agent, company secretary and fellow of the Governance Institute of Australia, Viola offers a detailed overview of the new director ID requirements and great tips on how other agents can approach this milestone change in the area of company compliance and corporate secretarial services.
- Learners can complete courses at a place that suits them, within and outside work hours
- Each learner will have a dedicated login to give them personal access to their course
- Module material includes online presentations, workbooks, PowerPoint Slides, templates, scripts and articles
- All modules also incorporate formal qualitative assessment tasks that encourage learners to develop practical actions demonstrating understanding of the concepts
- All assessment tasks are scored, with directed feedback to learners on their response
- As the learner progresses, they develop their personal SMART action list to drive change
- Managers are able to see at a glance how their staff are progressing
- All learners have access to course content for 12 months following their enrolment
Our self-paced eLearning courses follow a 4-step process in relation to learning objectives:
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks. A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.
Director ID Training for ASIC Agents
Number of learnersPlease note:
After purchasing this course, you will receive a welcome email including an induction guide.
This guide provides instructions on how to enrol and commence the course.
If you are registering on behalf of others, the guide should be forwarded to them.
Tax calculated at checkout.
Have a Question?
Do you have a question about our courses or the way our eLearning platform works?
Get in touch and we'll get back to you shortly.