This course commences on 1st November 2021. Earlybird registrations are currently available.
In the current environment, all businesses are assessing how they will be affected by COVID-19 in the short and medium-term. For some businesses, options including restructuring or insolvency may be key considerations. For others, there is a need to critically review funding options for future growth. Conducting financial analysis will be essential for business recovery when underlying vulnerabilities are exposed.
The role of Accountant and Virtual CFO has never been more important as business owners seek external advice in relation to funding options. vCFOs establish reporting foundations, systems, strategic plans, budgets, forecasts as well as cash flows to ensure there is adequate funding in place to seize opportunities and grow. In addition, they assess risks, continuously improve processes and implement internal controls to give owners peace of mind.
What’s this course all about?
This 4 module course looks at both equity and debt financing options available for small and medium sized businesses. Whilst it’s not expected that vCFOs will necessarily have the capabilities to implement all of these options, they should understand how they work and who they should approach for further advice.
How does it work?
The SMALL BUSINESS FUNDING eLearning course consists of 4 modules with clear learning objectives. Content includes presentations, workbooks, support materials and assessment tasks. Most importantly, learners develop their own professional development pathway using our SMART action planning template.
The course is available anywhere, anytime through our eLearning portal. Visit www.cpdforaccountants.com.au
Who’s it for?
This course is suitable for managers, partners and vCFOs who need to engage more actively with their business clients in deeper and broader discussions about their financial future.
The course consists of the following modules:
Module 1 – Why businesses need funding
* Starting a business
* Working capital
* Asset purchase
* Growth funding
* Debt restructuring
Module 2 – Equity Financing Strategies
* Private investment
* Venture capital
* Crowd source funding
* Government grants
* Early Stage Innovation (ESIC)
* Section 708 Capital Raising
Module 3- Debt Financing Strategies
* Business loans + lines of credit / overdraft
* Invoice discounting and factoring
* Debtor Fee funding
* Equipment leasing
* Asset finance
Module 4 – Key considerations for Virtual CFOs
* Identifying funding options
* Strategic planning
* Cashflow management
* Financial forecasting
* Merger and acquisition
* Succession / sale
- Learners can complete courses at a place that suits them, within and outside work hours
- Each learner will have a dedicated login to give them personal access to their course
- Module material includes online presentations, workbooks, PowerPoint Slides, templates, scripts and articles
- All modules also incorporate formal qualitative assessment tasks that encourage learners to develop practical actions demonstrating understanding of the concepts
- All assessment tasks are scored, with directed feedback to learners on their response
- As the learner progresses, they develop their personal SMART action list to drive change
- Managers are able to see at a glance how their staff are progressing
- All learners have access to course content for 12 months following their enrolment
Our self-paced eLearning courses follow a 4-step process in relation to learning objectives:
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks. A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.
Small Business Funding Strategies – Guidelines for Virtual CFOs
Number of learnersPlease note:
After purchasing this course, you will receive a welcome email including an induction guide.
This guide provides instructions on how to enrol and commence the course.
If you are registering on behalf of others, the guide should be forwarded to them.
Tax calculated at checkout.
Have a Question?
Do you have a question about our courses or the way our eLearning platform works?
Get in touch and we'll get back to you shortly.