This is a self-paced online course. Learners can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course.
In recent times our lives have changed in ways we could not have foreseen. These changes have been dramatic and far-reaching and have forced major shifts in our work and personal lives. Now more than ever, we need to strengthen our ability to adapt successfully to change, deal with stress and manage our time effectively, avoiding the overwhelm of being ‘on’ 24/7.
As professionals, managers and leaders, our ability to perform at the highest level requires a knowledge and understanding of how our brain operates, how emotions are processed, how to optimise the executive functions of the brain such as planning and analysis, and how to handle difficult conversations.
Anne Paterson and Clare Edwards have been collaborating for over 10 years, pooling their collective knowledge of leadership and performance and combining their passion for sharing the neuroscience of leadership and change. Together they created ‘Dealing with Change and Building Resilience’ a 6 module eLearning course that explores how we can develop our change agility and boost our resilience. The course outlines practical strategies to reduce stress and shift change perceptions to improve performance under pressure.
What’s the course all about?
This eLearning course is designed to provide a guide to manage change and build resilience both within and outside the work environment. Over 6 modules, we’ll discuss the key steps to build ‘BrainSmart’ resilience. This course will help you to:
- Increase your capacity to deal effectively with stress
- Think smarter to make better decisions
- Maintain focus and attention to boost productivity
- Respond to pressure more productively
- Develop your EI to connect and collaborate better with others
- Build personal resilience in times of complex and rapid change
How does it work?
This course consists of 6 modules with clear learning objectives. Content includes presentations, workbooks, support materials and assessment tasks. Most importantly, learners develop their own professional development pathway using our SMART action planning template.
Who’s it for?
This course is suitable for any administrator, accountant, manager or partner in public practice who wants to develop their ability to deal with change and build resilience.
Whether you’re new to the public practice environment or experienced and wanting some fine-tuning with the way you manage your day, this course will add value and provide a pathway to success.
1. Our Brains and Change
- Program introduction and overview
- Understand our amazing brain
- The pace of change
- Learn about the origins of change from evolution
- Understand how our brain responds to change
2. Understanding Stress
- Understand stress, both good and bad
- Appreciate individual stress responses
- Learn about how our brain deals with stress and stress chemicals
- Understand the impact of stress on us physically and emotionally
- Be introduced to 2 techniques for managing our stress responses
3. Strategies for Reducing Stress
- Understand the concept of changing your brain (neuroplasticity)
- Understand the role of sleep, nutrition and exercise in reducing stress
- Be able to develop our levels of self-awareness
- Become aware of how our language can impact the results we get
- Learn techniques to manage our emotional responses to situations
4. Understanding Change
- Understand what we can predict about how change impacts people
- Learn about the factors that contribute to us having an individual and unique threshold in how we deal with change
- Be able to recognise where we are in the change process and begin to move forward
- Develop our knowledge around minimising threat and maximising reward
5. Strategies for Dealing with Change
- Learn simple yet highly effective strategies for gaining perspective on a change situation
- Learn how to tame a LION
- Understand why managing energy can be more important than managing time
- Learn strategies for being more productive and achieving greater work/life balance
6. Building Resilience
- Understand why building resilience is critical to our emotional and mental wellbeing
- Learn about the strategies that highly effective people use to build and maintain their resilience levels
- Be familiar with 3 strategies that can accelerate our ability to bounce back or increase our ‘bounce-backability’
To download the course brochure, click ‘BROCHURE DOWNLOAD’ in the course navigation bar to the right.
- Learners can complete courses at a pace that suits them, within and outside work hours
- Each learner will have a dedicated login to give them personal access to their course
- Module material includes online presentations, workbooks, PowerPoint Slides, templates, scripts and articles
- All modules also incorporate formal qualitative assessment tasks that encourage learners to develop practical actions demonstrating understanding of the concepts
- All assessment tasks are scored, with directed feedback to learners on their response
- As the learner progresses, they develop their personal SMART action list to drive change
- Managers are able to see at a glance how their staff are progressing
- All learners have access to course content for 12 months following their enrolment
Our self-paced eLearning courses follow a 4-step process in relation to learning objectives:
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks. A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.
Dealing with Change and Building Resilience- Transforming our approach to change
Number of learnersPlease note:
After purchasing this course, you will receive a welcome email including an induction guide.
This guide provides instructions on how to enrol and commence the course.
If you are registering on behalf of others, you will receive an email with instructions on how to register each learner/s.
Once registered, each learner will receive an induction guide to their own email address.
Tax calculated at checkout.
Have a Question?
Do you have a question about our courses or the way our eLearning platform works?
Get in touch and we'll get back to you shortly.