This is a self-paced online course. Learners can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course.
As accounting firms transition from a focus on compliance services to a more strategic approach in helping clients to achieve their financial goals, there’s a strong need for accountants, managers and partners to be more proactive in managing client relationships. The challenge is that in most firms, most of the workflow is still compliance driven. This fosters a production line mentality where the main focus is on outputs rather than engagement.
It’s important that the sustainable firm of the future places emphasis on the development of strategic, organisational and communication skills in their accounting staff. This includes guidance on client engagement, managing expectations, identifying opportunities, overcoming issues, reframing relationships and being proactive with communication.
The Client Manager Course focuses on the key steps required for accountants, managers and partners to take control of client relationships at a personal level. We’ll discuss how technology is allowing individuals and firms to streamline compliance and open up opportunities to add value through stronger ongoing client relationships.
WHO SHOULD ENROL
This self-paced eLearning course is suitable for accountants, managers and partners who really want to take control of client relationships at a personal level. All 10 modules have clear learning objectives and assessment tasks. All learners will be required to develop their personal SMART action plan to drive client relationships at a level appropriate to their capabilities and responsibilities.
1. The New Age Client Service Manager – Responsibilities of client managers to 2020 and beyond
2. Your personal client service standards – Develop your own client service excellence program
3. Establishing scope of work and fee – Establish clear engagement with service agreements
4. Management of client expectations – Ongoing management of scope and fee for service
5. Management of client workflow – How to manage workflow at a compliance and advisory level
6. Client communication strategies – Communication tools to engage consistently with clients
7. Dealing with difficult clients – How to manage challenging clients and difficult situations
8. Reframing client relationships – Key steps to introduce new services to existing clients
9. Client feedback and review processes – Ensure that you’re remaining relevant to your clients
10. projects to really engage with clients – Practical actions to develop client relationships
All modules include presentations, support material and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to develop and implement their personal SMART action plan.
- Learners can complete courses at a place that suits them, within and outside work hours
- Each learner will have a dedicated login to give them personal access to their course
- Module material includes online presentations, workbooks, PowerPoint Slides, templates, scripts and articles
- All modules also incorporate formal qualitative assessment tasks that encourage learners to develop practical actions demonstrating understanding of the concepts
- All assessment tasks are scored, with directed feedback to learners on their response
- As the learner progresses, they develop their personal SMART action list to drive change
- Managers are able to see at a glance how their staff are progressing
- All learners have access to course content for 12 months following their enrolment
Our self-paced eLearning courses follow a 4-step process in relation to learning objectives:
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks. A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.
Well structured and written course with timely responses as you progress through each module.
I enjoyed this course and it was a great refresher for me, there was a bit of duplication between modules however that helped to drive the message home.
I have felt that all the modules work very well together and flow on from each other. I have learned that it is ok to be outside your comfort zone and that the importance of a client centric focus in the office. After all if we don't have the ability to exceed the clients expectations then there is no obligation or reason for the client to stay with the firm. The modules in this course have given me the ability to discuss with the other partners and staff a range of ideas that although basis may have been overlooked and underestimated in importance. A very good example of this is that some staff were taking too long to respond to client phone calls and emails, sometimes the clients were ringing just to confirm that the accountant received the email or phone message. We have now put in place an action plan. I can say that I have been refreshed in quite a few points in the modules and will aim to put them into practice. I will continue to revise and update my smart action plan.
Thanks, this has been a really good course. The content on the course has been excellent and it has highlighted some important issues and helped me with communicating and managing my interactions with my clients during this unusual year. Thanks for giving us extra time, this has been valuable. The powerpoints are great and i have taken many notes and will spend some time taking it all in and focus on the points and areas you have illustrated during the course.
I found that this was a useful exercise. It made me focus on the important issues and has given us all new ideas and tools to move the practice forward. Good and valuable advice.
Client Manager – Take Control of Client Relationships
Number of learnersPlease note:
After purchasing this course, you will receive a welcome email including an induction guide.
This guide provides instructions on how to enrol and commence the course.
If you are registering on behalf of others, the guide should be forwarded to them.
Tax calculated at checkout.
Have a Question?
Do you have a question about our courses or the way our eLearning platform works?
Get in touch and we'll get back to you shortly.