This is a self-paced online course. Learners can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course.
Technology including cloud accounting,bankfeeds and other automated processing systems have changed the way that accounting firms manage their work and their clients. In recent years, we’ve seen a significant improvement in the efficiency of workflow associated with compliance and administrative matters.
However, most accountants, managers and partners in public practice still struggle to find time to think ahead and be proactive with workflow and clients. This limits opportunity to add value through additional services including business and financial advice.
The principles of time and task management are pretty straight forward. Clearly there’s a challenge when it comes to the reality of working in public practice. Urgent matters, constant interruptions, lack of effective leverage, external deadlines and procrastination all contribute to decreased efficiency and production.
The GETTING THINGS DONE self-paced eLearning course provides a step by step guide to improving workflow, time management and productivity for accountants, supervisors, managers and partners in public practice.
What’s the course all about?
In this course, we’ll explore the key steps that proactive accountants and firms are taking to improve the efficiency of workflow and create more time for proactive thinking and actions.
Focus will be on daily and weekly planning, managing the throughput of work, improving the recoverability of jobs, managing projects and effective goal setting strategies. Well finish the course by looking at how to create more time to really engage with clients.
How does it work?
The GETTING THINGS DONE course consists of 8 modules with clear learning objectives. Content includes presentations, workbooks, support materials and assessment tasks. Most importantly, learners develop their own professional development pathway using our SMART action planning template.
Who’s it for?
This course is suitable for any accountant, supervisor, manager or partner in public practice who wants to develop their workflow and time management skills.
Whether you’re new to the public practice environment or experienced and wanting some fine-tuning with the way you manage your day, this course will add value and provide a pathway to success.
This course consists of 8 modules:
1. How to effectively utilise the hours in your day
2. Keys to improve your workflow processes
3. Effective leverage and delegation techniques
4. Maximise recoverability through WIP management
5. How to set and achieve goals through SMART actions
6. Project management skills for accounting professionals
7. Technology tips and techniques to get things done
8. Proactive management of client relationships
Each module includes an online presentation and support materials including templates, scripts and articles.
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks.
A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.
CPD – This course is worth 16 CPD hours
- Learners can complete courses at a place that suits them, within and outside work hours
- Each learner will have a dedicated login to give them personal access to their course
- Module material includes online presentations, workbooks, PowerPoint Slides, templates, scripts and articles
- All modules also incorporate formal qualitative assessment tasks that encourage learners to develop practical actions demonstrating understanding of the concepts
- All assessment tasks are scored, with directed feedback to learners on their response
- As the learner progresses, they develop their personal SMART action list to drive change
- Managers are able to see at a glance how their staff are progressing
- All learners have access to course content for 12 months following their enrolment
Our self-paced eLearning courses follow a 4-step process in relation to learning objectives:
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks. A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.
This has been just the thing I need to get myself more organised and actually set up a more streamlined firm. I had tried in the past however a lot was still in my brain which needs to come out and onto paper / computer.
Getting Things Done – Improve Workflow, Time and Productivity
Number of learnersPlease note:
After purchasing this course, you will receive a welcome email including an induction guide.
This guide provides instructions on how to enrol and commence the course.
If you are registering on behalf of others, the guide should be forwarded to them.
Tax calculated at checkout.
Have a Question?
Do you have a question about our courses or the way our eLearning platform works?
Get in touch and we'll get back to you shortly.