Two types of leaders are evolving in public practice, the first with the experience and ability to drive compliance work efficiently and the second with the desire and interest to transition to a stronger advisory role with clients. Both roles are extremely important in progressive accounting firms.
Managers aspiring to take on partnership roles must be willing to work on all aspects of their role to add value to their clients, their team and their firm. What are your strengths? What areas of professional development do you need to focus on now to achieve your goals and targets? Do you have a path to partnership in your firm?
What’s this course all about?
This self-paced eLearning course outlines in a practical way the key leadership and management skills that managers and partners need to develop in order to achieve and exceed their performance goals.
This course begins by asking key questions about the learner’s current strengths in relation to workflow, team, clients and business growth. Your performance map will then provide a guide to the areas you need to focus on to achieve your potential as a manager or partner. Along the way, you will use your personal SMART action plan to map your development path.
The course consists of 4 stand-alone parts focusing on workflow, clients, team and growth.
Who’s it for?
This course is suitable for managers and junior partners keen to develop their leadership and management skills in relation to business growth, client relationships, workflow and team management.
How does it work?
The course consists of 16 modules and is worth 32 CPD hours. All learners have access to course content for 12 months from the date of enrolment.
Each module includes an online presentation and support materials. All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks.
Part 1 – Workflow Manager
1. Seven keys to improve your personal and team workflow management processes
2. Task and project management skills for leaders in public practice
3. How to maximise recoverability through project and WIP management
4. How to effectively utilise the hours in your busy day to achieve results
Part 2 – Team Leader
1. How to develop your personal leadership style and approach
2. Nine key steps to effective team coaching in professional firms
3. How to create capacity through effective leverage and delegation
4. Key steps to manage your team members through training, coaching and review
Part 3 – Business Developer
1. Client discovery and effective needs analysis techniques
2. Effective internal and external referral strategies for growth
3. Keys to getting existing clients across the line with new services
4. How to establish your personal business development plan
Part 4 – Trusted Advisor
1. Management of client scope and fee for service
2. Communication strategies to engage with clients
3. How to manage challenging clients and difficult situations
4. How to ensure you’re remaining relevant to your clients
Your can register for the entire course or individual parts.
If you prefer to register for individual parts, email email@example.com for further details.
- Learners can complete courses at a place that suits them, within and outside work hours
- Each learner will have a dedicated login to give them personal access to their course
- Module material includes online presentations, workbooks, PowerPoint Slides, templates, scripts and articles
- All modules also incorporate formal qualitative assessment tasks that encourage learners to develop practical actions demonstrating understanding of the concepts
- All assessment tasks are scored, with directed feedback to learners on their response
- As the learner progresses, they develop their personal SMART action list to drive change
- Managers are able to see at a glance how their staff are progressing
- All learners have access to course content for 12 months following their enrolment
Our self-paced eLearning courses follow a 4-step process in relation to learning objectives:
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks. A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.
This course provided me with very informative and easy to follow knowledge and skills to be able to run a practice as a Manager or Partner
Great. opens your mind
Great content and course structure. The course opened my eyes to many things we are either not doing, could be doing better or not aware of. It was a great step in my path to becoming a partner.
I enjoyed every module of this course. It has really helped me at work. It is practical. I'm using all the tools that were provided and everything I have learned. I recommend this course very highly
4. Path to Partnership – A practical guide to essential skills for managers and partners
Number of learnersPlease note:
After purchasing this course, you will receive a welcome email including an induction guide.
This guide provides instructions on how to enrol and commence the course.
If you are registering on behalf of others, you will receive an email with instructions on how to register each learner/s.
Once registered, each learner will receive an induction guide to their own email address.
Tax calculated at checkout.
Have a Question?
Do you have a question about our courses or the way our eLearning platform works?
Get in touch and we'll get back to you shortly.