This is a self-paced online course. Learners can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course.
As accounting firms move from a dominant focus on compliance in the work they do with clients to a focus on both compliance and advisory skills, the role of manager has never been more critical. Two types of managers are evolving in public practice, the first with the experience and ability to managing compliance work efficiently and the second with the desire and interest to transition to a stronger advisory focus.
In this course, we’ll help your managers to identify their core strengths and professional development pathway. We’ll outline the essential steps that effective compliance and advisory managers need to take now and in the future to achieve strong results for your firm.
This course is essential for both compliance and advisory managers looking to get to the next level with their capabilities and experience.
Who should enrol?
This course is suitable for managers and partners wishing to specialise in a compliance or advisory role within an accounting firm.
If you’re interested this course, you may also be interested in The Proactive Accountant course, designed for any accountant in public practice who wants to develop their personal leadership, communication and organisational skills. Learners range from new graduates to accountants who have recently completed their CA or CPA qualifications.
Your Future as a Manager in Public Practice
1. The 4Q approach to management – workflow, team, clients and growth
2. Uncover your strengths and motivated abilities as manager
The Compliance Manager in Public Practice
3. Effective use of capacity to leverage compliance workflow
4. Key steps to improve compliance productivity and turnaround time
The Advisory Manager in Public Practice
5. The role and responsibilities of advisory manager
6. Keys to transition from compliance to advice as a manager
Client Management for Proactive Managers
7. How to set and manage client service excellence standards
8. Management of scope of work and fee for service
Team Management for Proactive Managers
9. Evolution from doer to manager and leader of people
10. Keys to drive behavioural change in your team
Workflow Management for Proactive Managers
11. Workflow management essentials for proactive managers
12. Key principles of effective project management for advisors
Growth and Business Development for Proactive Managers
13. Client discovery and needs analysis techniques for advisors
14. Getting clients across the line with advisory services
Measurement and Reporting for Compliance and Advisory Managers
15. Essential KPIS for compliance and advisory managers
16. Develop your own measurement and reporting process
- Learners can complete courses at a place that suits them, within and outside work hours
- Each learner will have a dedicated login to give them personal access to their course
- Module material includes online presentations, workbooks, PowerPoint Slides, templates, scripts and articles
- All modules also incorporate formal qualitative assessment tasks that encourage learners to develop practical actions demonstrating understanding of the concepts
- All assessment tasks are scored, with directed feedback to learners on their response
- As the learner progresses, they develop their personal SMART action list to drive change
- Managers are able to see at a glance how their staff are progressing
- All learners have access to course content for 12 months following their enrolment
Our self-paced eLearning courses follow a 4-step process in relation to learning objectives:
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks. A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.
This course has provided such a wealth of information that will be useful for many years to come. I have implemented many workflow and advisory practices mentioned in this course and have seen results for the business and for me individually. I always thought I would prefer the compliance manager role, however this course has provided me with a desire to move into a more advisory focus. This course has provided me with the confidence to have in depth discussions with clients and has provided me with the tools to grow and develop both professional and personally. I am blown away by the amount of information provided and am really glad I under took this course.
Overall, i believe this course is great and is an eye opener for those within the managerial capacity providing services spanning advise and compliance. This course opened my eyes regarding my duties and helped me question the way i manage overall tasks surrounding compliance, managing teams / individuals, freeing up time and task sharing. Looking at ways to outsource, delegate and utilise technology to manage my tasks can afford me the opportunity to focus on customer service (overall), strategy and team management / leadership. Furthermore, this course has helped me realise that investing time in the team now will pay off in the future because they can take the load off my time consuming tasks and therefore afford me the time required to manage overall strategy and the team.
This is a great course for those looking to step up and take the next step in their career, This is a fantastic course for Junior managers that might not have had as much management training as well as those looking to accelerate their Advisory career.
This course has helped me improve compliance workflow and understanding my roles and responsibilities as a manager. Thank you Dale for all your support
The course provides a relevant and practical approach to the steps to take to become proactive mangers in the workplace. This starts with evaluating ourselves to highlight those areas of weakness that we can then look to improve with development. It also provides the procedures to build a team at an accounting practice and the tools to manage and evaluate that team. It also highlights the steps required to offer advisory services and the ways to introduce them to your clients.
Undertaking this course has provided me with the opportunity to re-visit my goals and broadened my thought process to see where I need to be and what I need to do to achieve this. The materials provided in the course are very useful and practical and I will be using them to guide me to achieve my goals. I will recommend this course to any one who would like to take up a senior or managerial position either be in the compliance or advisory role. Thank you Dale for your comments and feedback through the course
The Proactive Manager – From Compliance to Advice
Number of learnersPlease note:
After purchasing this course, you will receive a welcome email including an induction guide.
This guide provides instructions on how to enrol and commence the course.
If you are registering on behalf of others, the guide should be forwarded to them.
Tax calculated at checkout.
Have a Question?
Do you have a question about our courses or the way our eLearning platform works?
Get in touch and we'll get back to you shortly.