Proactive Business Coach – Coach Business Clients to Success
20 CPD Hours
AUD $700+GST Per learner
As experienced business professionals, you have access to lots of resources and a proven set of systems and tools that gives clients the information they need to grow their business.
However, for accountants to really succeed in the advisory world, they need to do more than provide information. They need to assist and guide their business clients in the implementation process.
This course uses proven skills and tools used by successful business coaches and consultants to attract new business and provide ongoing support with recurring fees.
We’ll show your managers and partners how they can use active listening skills to open up conversations and identify what’s really important to their clients.
We’ll outline the key processes involved in getting clients across the line with ongoing coaching services designed to help clients achieve their potential in business.
And, most importantly, we’ll demonstrate how to keep coaching clients engaged, month after month and year after year, with a level of support that they value.
Who should enrol?
This course provides client managers, partners and principals directly responsible for client relationships with a clear understanding of the principles of effective business coaching to deliver results. The course highlights the importance of using coaching to ‘teach clients to fish’ rather than have the solutions for all the client’s business issues and challenges. Participants are encouraged to consider their own coaching style in relation to specific situations and challenges.
Within all modules, assessment tasks will be provided and SMART actions will be identified to provide a road map for professional development as a business coach.
1. Understand the principles of financial analysis for accountant-analysts
2. Assess business performance and opportunities – a simple review process
3. Understand the principles of active listening for accountants
4. Engage your business clients in discussing their issues and needs
5. Show your business clients how you can help them with a strong proposal
6. Provide a service agreement that explains what you will do and how you will do it
7. Develop internal systems and processes for leverage of coaching services
8. Use business advisory software and tools to engage with clients
9. Provide realistic KPIs and milestones to guide the coaching process
10. Address client issues and roadblocks in a productive way
Our self-paced eLearning courses follow a 4-step process in relation to learning objectives:
All modules are structured with specific learning objectives and assessment tasks. Learners are expected to demonstrate that they understand learning objectives and can apply concepts through completion of the assessment tasks. A SMART action planning template is used to consolidate specific actions and to ensure that a timeframe for completion is established and followed. Regular review of progress is ensured through commitment to completing the course.